Do something constructive.
So I’m hauling ideas together for the next script. It’s back to my usual science fiction after the detour that was witch burning last year. It’s also something which I hope can be filmed on a fairly low budget. At the moment I’m aiming for a maximum of four characters and probably only two locations.
It’s based on the theory of parallel universes, mainly about what would happen if every single possibility that could happen was happening at the same time. I’m also trying to tell the story in real time as the main character has an hour and a half to resolve the situation. I’m completely unsure as to if this will work well or not at all.
I’ve spent time the last few nights just taking notes with a pen and paper. I’ve yet to touch a computer with regards to any kind of prep work for the script. It’s been a strange feeling because it comes across as just scribbling and not really doing anything constructive towards anything. The first five pages of the script actually existed beforehand as I blasted through them before Christmas but, since reading though it a few nights ago, I ended up deleting the whole thing with the intention of starting again afresh.
I have a week off work coming up, hopefully I can get a major part of it done then.
I probably should have posted this a few days ago, being the end of one year and the start of the next. It’s a bit late but then most things are.
Time to reinstate my assumptions.
- There needs to be another feature script in 2016. It must be cheap to make and not feature too many characters or locations. ‘Parallel’ fits this bill rather well and has been milling around for a long time. I’ve started the first couple of scenes. It doesn’t quite lead anywhere at the moment though and is a lot of set up for not much in return.
- There is ‘the book’ which at the moment seems to just be a few chapters of semi character introductions. They’ll be a way to mesh it all together but I’ve yet to find it. When it does eventually get to some decent word amount I’m not sure if I should try and get it published or just stick it up on this site as each chapter is done.
- Poetry still niggles me, by the fact that I’m never sure if I can or cannot actually do it. Some people I listen to make it look really easy but most of the stuff I’ve tried to write in the past is bloody awful.
- Various wrestling related projects. Long time readers of this blog, if they existed, will know of my love of pro wrestling. I’m part of a podcast about old wrestling shows called ‘The Conquistabores’. I have an absolute riot recording the podcast each and every single time we gear up the microphones. I write a heck of a lot of stuff on the blog over there too.
- Painting stuff. I have a whole idea about painting small canvases and leaving them around cities. Let’s just call it ‘polite graffiti’ and be done with it.
- A little bit of music. Back in the summer I had a good day round at my friend Craig’s house. He’s a musical wonder and made my pathetic humming into something approaching a song. I like the idea of making music that makes it okay to wear sunglasses in the dark. Perhaps we need more of this.
All of this hopefully will be fully blogged about right here. Sometimes I feel the process of writing and writing is a little dry and dull because it’s not the sexy part. Everybody lives for the performance, not the preparation.
2016 equals more sexy parts…
I’ll leave that there.